Pastoral Councilserving the life and mission of the parish
Meet Your Pastoral Council – Partners in Ministry
Our Pastoral Council. Members serve as councilors on a collaborative and consultative body to help our Pastor in keeping the parish on mission amid an ever-evolving, and growing Prince William, Stafford, and neighboring counties. Council members and our friars are partners in ministering to the parish.
The role of the St. Francis of Assisi Pastoral Council is to:
- To consult with and make recommendations to the Pastor regarding issues and pending decisions that significantly affect how the Mission and Vision of the Parish are carried out in areas such as liturgy, outreach, faith formation, education, stewardship, and finance and administration.
- To develop, implement, and periodically assess and update a Parish Strategic Plan that has as its purpose implementation of the Mission and Vision of the Parish in areas such as liturgy, outreach, faith formation, education, stewardship, and finance and administration.
- To periodically review the appropriateness of the Mission and Vision Statements to address changes in the constituency and needs of the Parish and the surrounding community.
- To consult with and make recommendations to the Pastor in setting broad policy directions for the Parish.
- To provide an open and honest forum of communication and dialogue regarding parish affairs among Pastor, Associate Pastors, staff, and parishioners.
- To actively encourage vigorous and effective volunteerism and participation in the life of the Parish.
- To collaborate with other religious and civic groups in working for the common good of the community.